UK manufactured LyoDry Freeze Dryers range from benchtop to pilot and production scale.
The LyoDry Maxi, LyoDry Grande and LyoDry Heritage are all fully automated with touch screen control and controllable temperatures, ideal for pilot scale or lower volume production freeze drying.
All are fitted with visible ice condensers, with automatic hot gas defrost for faster processing between batches; and front loading chambers for easy loading and unloading of product. Freezing, primary and secondary drying are all controlled by a central processor unit, allowing complex pressure/temperature profiles to be controlled accurately and reproducibly without operator intervention.
So, what is the difference between them and how do you decide which one is best for your freeze drying requirements?
- Temperature is controlled directly on the shelf
- Temperatures are controllable between either -40 °C
to + 60°C or -60°C to +60°C
- There is an option for stoppering if you’re drying in vials, pressure control for optimising heat transfer and nitrogen backfill for stoppering in an inert atmosphere
- The chamber is rectangular with rounded corners and no crevices, for easy cleaning
- End point determination is automatic
Whereas the Heritage is more suited to freeze drying food, flowers and archaeological artefacts, because:
- The chamber is temperature controlled (not the shelves)
- Temperatures are controllable between 40 °C
to + 50°C
- The chamber is circular with a clear acrylic door for easy sample viewing throughout the process
- The chamber has five, large removable trays for large batch processing and the option for a larger condenser size at a lower cost
Secondly, what are your capacity requirements?
- LSM LyoDry Maxi has the option of 3, 4 or 5 shelves, each measuring 360mm W x 480mm, with a total shelf space of up to 0.86m² (for the 5-shelf version)
- LSG LyoDry Grande has 9 shelves, each measuring 375 mm W x 500 mm, with a total shelf space of 1.69m²
- LSH LyoDry Heritage has 5 trays, with two different tray size options, giving a total tray space of either 2.6m² or 5.2m²
Thirdly, and often (unfortunately!) most importantly, what are your budgetary requirements?
LyoDry Pilot Scale freeze dryer pricing starts from around £80,000. If this is too expensive, then LyoDry Lab Scale Freeze Dryers provide plenty of options for less automated but lower cost equipment.
For example, the LyoDry Midi freeze dryer, complete with the LSCC10 shelf chamber doesn’t have the bells and whistle, but is around half the price. And some of the bells and whistles are available if you opt for the LyoDry Midi Pro freeze dryer, which has data logging, pressure control etc.
Need more information? Please Contact Us.
Read more about LyoDry Freeze Dryers complete range: https://www.mechatechsystems.co.uk/freeze-dryers
Read more about LyoDry Maxi Freeze Dryer:
Read more about LyoDry Grande Freeze Dryer:
Read more about LyoDry Midi Freeze Dryer:https://www.mechatechsystems.co.uk/lyodry-midi-freeze-dryer
Read more about LyoDry Midi Pro Freeze Dryer:https://www.mechatechsystems.co.uk/lyodry-midi-pro-freeze-dryer